Monday, April 14, 2014

EcoBlog 1 Human Footprint

The two facts about our human footprint surprised me are the fact that we consume 25 pounds of candy each year and use up 3 quarters of a ton of coal in a lifetime just by blow drying your hair. These were surprising to me because I never thought about how much resources we use just by blow drying one's hair. Also I love to eat candy so after hearing that we annually consume 25 pounds of candy I was surprised since I never really thought about how much candy I consume. We can reduce our footprint by limiting how much times we use a blow dryer for our hair and just drying it naturally so that less coal would be used up. More available coal allows the world to sustain longer. We can consume less candy to reduce our footprint which benefits both the world and ourselves with our health. In order to teach others, I could limit the amount of candy in stores and show the negative results such as diabetes and teeth rot to others to persuade them in limiting candy into the body. I could also tell others the effects of blow drying one's hair often which results in dry and rough hair, encouraging others to limit use. I could teach them that the amount of coal used by a blow dryer releases a lot of carbon dioxide into the air causing our greenhouse gases to overload and place the world in danger. Additional information I would like to know is how much candy does one individual consume in a day or month and how much people eat candy everyday. Also I would like to know how much people in the world uses a blow dryer to dry their hair and what amount of coal is used per day.

No comments:

Post a Comment